A True Story: The “Hail Mary” of a Protestant is Powerful

by Steve Ray on February 4, 2016

The “Hail Mary” of a Protestant is powerful!—( A True Story)

A little six-year-old Protestant boy had often heard his Catholic companion reciting the prayer ‘Hail Mary.’ He liked it so much that he copied it, memorized it and would recite it every day. ‘Look, Mummy, what a beautiful prayer,’ he said to his mother one day. ‘Never again say it,’ answered the mother.’ it is a superstitious prayer of Catholics who adore idols and think Mary a goddess. After all, she is a woman like any other. Come on, take this Bible and read it. It contains everything that we are bound to do and have to do.’

rosary02From that day on the little boy discontinued his daily ‘Hail Mary’ and gave himself more time to reading the Bible instead. One day, while reading the Gospel, he came across the passage about the Annunciation of the Angel to Our Lady. Full of joy, the little boy ran to his mother and said: ‘Mummy, I have found the ‘Hail Mary’ in the Bible which says: ‘Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou amongst women. ‘ Why do you call it a superstitious prayer?’

On another occasion he found that beautiful Salutation of St. Elizabeth to The Virgin Mary and the wonderful canticle. MAGNIFICAT in which Mary foretold that ‘the generations would call her blessed.’ He said no more about it to his mother but started to recite the ‘Hail Mary’ every day as before. He felt pleasure in addressing those charming words to the Mother of Jesus, our Savior.

When he was fourteen, he one day heard a discussion on Our Lady among the members of his family. Every one said that Mary was a common woman like any other woman. The boy, after listening to their erroneous reasoning, could not bear it any longer, and full of indignation, he interrupted them, saying: ‘Mary is not like any other children of Adam, stained with sin. No! The Angel called her FULL OF GRACE AND BLESSED AMONGST WOMEN. Mary is the Mother of Jesus Christ and consequently Mother of God. There is no higher dignity to which a creature can be raised.

The Gospel says that the generations will proclaim her blessed and you are trying to despise her and look down on her. Your spirit is not the Spirit Of the Gospel or of the Bible which you proclaim to be the foundation of the Christian religion.’ So deep was the impression which the boy’s talk had made that his mother many times cried out sorrowfully: ‘Oh my God! I fear that this son of mine will one day join the Catholic religion, the religion of Popes!’ And indeed, not very long afterwards, having made a serious study of both Protestantism and Catholicism, the boy found the latter to be the only true religion and embraced it and became one of its most ardent apostles.

Some time after his conversion, he met his married sister who rebuked his and said indignantly: ‘You little know how much I love my children. Should any one of them desire to become a Catholic, I would sooner pierce his heart with a dagger than allow him to embrace the religion of the Popes!’ Her anger and temper were as furious as those of St. Paul before his conversion. However, she would change her ways, just as St. Paul did on his way to Damascus.

26-128-01It so happened that one of her sons fell dangerously ill and the doctors gave up hope of recovery. Her brother then approached, her and spoke to her affectionately, saying: ‘My dear sister, you naturally wish to have your child cured. Very well, then, do what I ask you to do. Follow me, let us pray one ‘Hail Mary’ and promise God that, if your son recovers his health, you would seriously study the Catholic doctrine, and should you come to the conclusion that Catholicism is the only true religion, you would embrace it no matter what the sacrifices may be.’

His sister was somewhat reluctant at the beginning but as she wished for her son’s recovery. She accepted her brother’s proposal and recited the ‘Hail Mary’ together with him. The next day her son was completely cured! The mother fulfilled her promise and she studied the Catholic doctrine. After long preparation she received Baptism together with her family, thanking her brother for being an apostle to her.

*The story was related during a sermon given by the Rev. Father Tuckwell. ‘Brethren, he went on and said, ‘The boy who became a Catholic and converted his sister to Catholicism dedicated his whole life to the service of God.  He is the priest who is speaking to you now!

What I am I owe to Our Lady. You, too, my dear brethren, be entirely dedicated also to Our Lady and never let a day pass without saying the beautiful prayer, ‘Hail Mary’, and your Rosary. Ask her to enlighten the minds of Protestants who are separated from the true Church of Christ founded on the Rock (Peter) and ‘against whom the gates of hell shall never prevail.’

Rupal modi raiyarela January 25, 2015 at 2:46 PM

I have done 9 days novena of mother if forsaken in baroda india n I knw my husbsnd will not giv divorce n return to me n all of u pray for me in jesus name…Mother mary help me..Amen.

royce rodrigues February 1, 2015 at 4:19 AM

this is really true about mother mary . Mother mary is very powerful , need to prayer on daily basis, we can make out lot of changes in our life, specially in difficult moments.
I had seen mother mary in my dream , holding infant jesus beside mother mary and speaking to me. I could not open my eyes, it was a bright light 10 times powerful than sun rays , like a pure milky white.
After that i am doing lot of prayers to mother mary.

Cinthiya February 10, 2015 at 7:44 AM

We pray to mother mary every day. pls pray to mother mary for us.

My Name is Cinthiya lopes,I am from St.Michael parish,Manickpur, Vasai, Mumbai, India

My father Joseph Lopes, age 66 had gone to Goa (India) on 15th Dec’14 for the exposition of St.Francis and has been missing since 17th Dec’14 from panjim market,Goa,India

some people claim to have seen him around Mumbai areas. We have been searching, but have still not found him.

Due to his cancer operation 10 yrs back he has a speech disability. he is unable to speak clearly to people.He does not have a phone either or any other details or money with him by which he can reach home (Vasai).

Request your prayers so that he can find is way back home to Vasai (Mumbai) or we find some way to reach and find him.

Cinthiya Lopes

marina May 26, 2015 at 7:50 PM

One morning Jeues came to me befor morning he came just as he look in the passion this was 1991 full of blood show me his crown of thorns hands and feet the he said to me ” I want you to know in the next3 days if I had to do it all over I would do it just for you ” then I woke up it was so surreal . I pounder it for many years I was 29 years old that very same day mt mom went into a coma and pass way . However what did he me in the next 3 days? I was sharing this with a relative he ran and came back and gave me that medal he said no one just see Jesus in a dream and he just talks too you . However I did not concern it a dream . What did he mean by givin me this medal ? And why did Jesus say 3 next three days ? I am know 54 years old and still pounder on it. If anyone may have the answer please share.

Phil Trimby July 16, 2015 at 5:17 AM

Where are citations to show the truth of this story? I love the story; however, I hate to post a “true” story only to find it is just another nice story.

Sheila September 20, 2015 at 5:12 PM

Hello reader,
I am not a Catholic but the Blessed Virgin has revealed herself to me vaguely at times, sometimes i will close my eyes and see her vividly as she is usually represented in pictures and statutes. What i am about to tell you is a true and actually happened.
I was dating a guy and planned visiting him with the intention of spending the night at his place, although my biological parents did not approve of it. One evening i was resting on my bed waiting for the usual 7.00pm phone calls from my boyfriend but he did not call. I woke up at 10.00pm ish angry wondering why he had not call; my boyfriend told told me that my mother called him telling him emphatically that she was my mother and warned him that he should not see me anymore and what we were planning to do is not right.
I was frustrated and upset with my biological mother and almost confronted her as to why she should call my boyfriend to warn him and discourage him. To cut the story short things ended sourly with me and my boyfriend so we ended the relationship after i disobeyed my parents and spent 3 days with him.
Seven years later I asked my biological mum why she called my ex-boyfriend to warn him, she was surprised at my question and confrontation, she swore to me that she had not called my ex and that was when i knew that it was the blessed Virgin who called my ex, I know you are asking how i got to know it was her, because I asked the blessed Mother to reveal herself to me when my ex was dating me because i was so frustrated and angry at myself. I am a charismatic christian. I am ever grateful that the blessed Virgin saw me as her daughter. Thank you Holy Mother.

Maria October 16, 2015 at 11:56 PM

I have experienced a great MIRACLE in my life by reciting the rosary everyday,I prayed that MOTHER MARY would give me a good hike in my job,she not only gave me a good hike but PROMOTION to higher level as well,THANK YOU MAMA MARY,I recommend the POWERFUL ROSARY to all those who are seeking MIRACLES, PRAY WITH COMPLETE TRUST IN HER ONLY THEN WE WILL RECEIVE WHAT WE ASK, BELIEVE IT !! NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR OUR MOTHER MARY.

Anitha November 18, 2015 at 5:02 AM

Although born as Catholic and said rosary every day I was still in a doubt whether I should pray directly to God or say rosary. I was often thinking why should I go through St. Mary. One night I closed my eyes and I saw heaven in front of me and I have seen heaven, as a white palace and Mother Mary was sitting in her white gown as a Queen..I felt so sorry that I doubted that and understood that Mother Mary is our own mother. We can pray for anything……Glory to Lord..

paschal Eboh December 22, 2015 at 2:04 AM

help me to always recite the rosary everyday . Please pray for me to become a complete devotee to our Mother of perpetual help.

I believe in prayer January 11, 2016 at 7:38 PM

Today I woke up with such anxiety about my financial situation.

I wanted to be back in college to further my skills, I wanted so desperately to have a job interview for a job I wanted, and in all this turmoil I applied for temporary assistance and thought I was denied.

I was accepted to school today, I landed the job interview I wanted, and I found out my application was approved after much doubt it wasn’t.

My aunt had posted a novena to Holy Mary on Facebook and I quietly said it and started my day, trusting Mary and God to take care of us.

Everything I prayed for was addressed in some way and my heart is so very grateful and humbled that words won’t do it justice. God is GREAT. Our Mother is the best!!!

God is listening, our Mother is too! I hope this story can help one person say a Hail Mary and bring them closer to her Divine Love.

Here is the novena

To my Catholic friends and family. Today will be a great day for those who believe in the power of prayer. When you receive this message, pray a hail Mary and make your special request! Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen!(Do your request) please do not break the novena. Copy and paste within the hour! (It is not to share. Copy and paste on your wall) believe, Mary has passed to the front of the problem and has already made everything right. Amen!

I hope this helps somebody as it has helped me.

lionel February 3, 2016 at 7:49 AM

Lovely words beautiful story The Mother of God , Mary our mother is all powerful and will help us ALWAYS Just pray to this merciful mother of ours

Tammy February 4, 2016 at 3:35 PM

I am not Catholic yet. I’ve gone through RCIA, and awaiting to be received into the church.
I’ve grown to love Jesus through Blessed Mother in the pass 3years.
I can’t tell you how much at ease I am now compare to who I was, and how much grace I have been blessed with.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us!
Lord, Jesus Christ, have mercy on us.

Tom Govern February 6, 2016 at 10:43 PM

Tammy, you sound like a good Catholic! God’s blessings on you journey.

Jess February 10, 2016 at 5:54 AM

How timely that I should be reading this now, the first day of the 40 Days for Life campaign, and I am on my way to pray the four mysteries of the rosary in front of a Planned Parenthood, in freezing cold temperature. Our Blessed Mother will be there with me and my fellow prayer warriors, the warmth of her love will see us through and her Son will hear our prayers to put an end to abortion.

John C. May 16, 2016 at 2:18 PM

All my life from my youth till present i have had great faith in my being a catholic. The Holy Rosary, the recitation of the Hail Mary at all times good and bad has brought forth desired results no matter what my trials have been. I am the product of a broken home at a very young age and my future was in tatters. No matter what i underwent i continued the recitation of my daily Rosary and the powerfull Hail Mary at all times. Things went from bad to worse but i never gave up. My faith was not as strong as it is at present but events gradually turned for my better as time went on. My trials continued but my life began to be better at every turn. I got a good job, went overseas, built a foundation, travelled a lot, got married at a late age to a blessed partner, and the biggest trial of all was when i was diagnosed with advanced stage 4 lower colon cancer in 2012 the results of which were not all good. Was not given much hope of a cure due to the severity of the cancer but i continued with Hail Marys without loosing hope. Five major surgeries, Chemo / Radio Theraphy, endoscopies, colonoscopies, CT scans, MRI scans, you name it , i have undergone , and here i am fully recovered.
What more can i wish for in life. The answer is, Nothing more.
Almighty God the father had compassion on me a sinner through his beloved son ” Jesus “.
The Blessed Virgin intervened on my behalf through all those Hail Marys. Remember the miracle at Cana of Galillee. The BVM intervened on behalf of the wedding feast to her beloved Son.
When i look at my life from my birth to present i ask myself the following ??????????
Have i ever been left homeless —————- No !
Have i ever been left in hunger ————— No !
Have i ever been left in thirst —————– No !
Have i ever been left to beg —————— No !
Have i ever been left naked and open to my enemies ————– No !
Have i ever been left in suffering and pain ———————No !
Have i ever been left without hope ——————No !

Then my entire life has been a miracle, a miracle difficult to explain.
” To those who believe no explanation is needed , to those who don’t believe no explanation is possible. ”

The ” Hail Mary ” yes ! is the most potent, powerfull weapon a good catholic can wield at any time, so cherish it and wield it carefully. The devil states that every Hail Mary recited with confidence gives him the most painfull headache that words cannot explain.

” Hail Mary ! full of grace the lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus .”

jl August 4, 2016 at 1:27 PM

I have been reciting a Novena to the Blessed Mother for a while now – asking her to intercede and restore my sister’s health to her. Publication as promised. Please hear my prayer. JL