Is There a God? Does Heaven Exist? The Best Allegory Ever! The Stupidity of Atheists

by Steve Ray on October 6, 2014

In a mother’s womb were two babies.

One asked the other: “Do you believe in life after delivery?”

The other replies, “Why, of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.”

“Nonsense,” says the other. “There is no life after delivery. What would that life be?”

“I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths.”

The other says, “This is absurd! Walking is impossible. And eat with our mouths? Ridiculous. The umbilical cord supplies nutrition. Life after delivery is to be excluded. The umbilical cord is too short.”

“I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here.”

The other replies, “No one has ever come back from there. Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery it is nothing but darkness and anxiety and it takes us nowhere.”

“Well, I don’t know,” says the other, “but certainly we will see mother and she will take care of us.”

“Mother?!” You believe in mother? Where is she now?”

“She is all around us. It is in her that we live. Without her there would not be this world.”

“I don’t see her, so it’s only logical that she doesn’t exist.”

To which the other replied, “sometimes when you’re silent you can hear her, you can sense her. I believe there is a reality after delivery and we’re here to prepare ourselves for that reality.”

Peggy Tasler April 30, 2013 at 11:06 AM

This is the best analogy ever, Steve. Sometimes if you are quiet you can hear Him too. God bless.

kavya james May 1, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Beautifully rendered! God bless!!

Mairead Bernal September 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Genius! I love this. I love the Catholic Church. I love Mary for being our Mother. Thank you. God bless.

Kevin November 1, 2013 at 7:11 AM

The allegory is faulty because it is dishonest. It tries to show that skepticism is wrong and that somehow rather than follow the evidence to where it leads, one should just believe what someone else tells him without question.

Bob June 1, 2014 at 5:40 AM

The rest of the visible universe looks almost monstrously impersonal, yet the planet on which we live is bursting forth with life. Both theists and atheists can agree on one thing; there is something that is not created, but has existed always. Not very long ago the atheists were certain that that something was the physical universe. That was before the introduction of the Big Bang theory last century which is now widely accepted. I freely admit that an eternal being, without beginning or end is beyond my power to comprehend, yet if there is even the slightest possibility that that being took on human nature for the sake of the human race I would be foolish not to investigate it to the best of my ability. It would be like turning up my nose to the pearl of great price.

Damien Sandow October 8, 2014 at 10:13 PM

“The Stupidity of Atheists”
Wow. How very Christian of you.

John Chan October 10, 2014 at 3:14 PM

The best analogy ever? This story forgot to mention that the mother will be so angry with the sceptic baby that she will let him burn in eternity….. Atheist don’t care whether there is a god or not. It’s not relevant for how they live their lives. Like most people they will do their best to be good and happy.

Christian October 14, 2014 at 11:47 AM

It is a very good allegory. But its wrong to slam atheism and skepticism. And John Chan illustrates a point with

“This story forgot to mention that the mother will be so angry with the sceptic baby that she will let him burn in eternity….”

I believe in God, but I’m not so sure if hell actually exist. Where I live most people are atheists by default. If God loves us so much, would he let us enter this life only to be inevitably thrown in hell? I don´t think so.

STEVE RAY HERE: YOUR LACK OF REASON ON THIS MATTER IS STUNNING. NO WONDER OUR COUNTRY IS IN SUCH TROUBLE.

Trevor February 10, 2015 at 5:46 AM

Good one. Two babies chatting in the womb. Reminds me of the ‘A horse walked into a bar…..’ jokes.