Twentieth Anniversary into the Catholic Church!

by Steve Ray on May 22, 2014

20110612-101128.jpg

Emily being baptized in 1994

Happy Anniversary to us! Exactly 20 years ago today our family was received into the Catholic Church. There is nothing we’ve ever done that has made such an impact on our lives.

It was Pentecost Sunday, May 22, 1994. To say it was a very special day for our family would be an understatement.

Twenty years ago today our family of six was received into the Catholic Church! Now we are twenty-two! Blessed be God! Best decision ever! We’ve never looked back.

20110612-101145.jpg

Cindy 16 yrs old being confirmed

Thanks to Fr. Ed Fride of Christ the King in Ann Arbor Michigan for taking the time to meet with us, prepare us and receive us into Holy Mother Church.

Fr. Ed is still our priest though we are on the road and hardly ever get to our home parish any more — but our kids still go there and all our grandkids.

Even today at Mass when I hear the words “Body of Christ,” I hold back tears.

Here we were last summer; added one baby since!

“If the half to come, is half so good as the half behind, here’s hail to the rest of the road” (Sheldon Vanauken)

“We are not the first to cross the Tiber, we won’t be the last – we are in good company!” (me in Crossing the Tiber)

Bernice June 12, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Happy Anniversary Steve and Janet. Happy Birthday Janet. Father Jacob celebrating Mass-good to see you doing His work. Dee you look great as always. Amer -what can I say about the best of the best guide. Oh yes I see you have the best bus driver also. We at St Francis wish you all a grand pilgrimage and pray for you all daily. Y’all come back and we will keep the lamp on for you.

Jim June 12, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Congratulations, Steve and family! Great to be in the Catholic Church!

russ rentler, md June 12, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Congrats Steve!!!
it was 7 years ago in April for us, thanks to your book and the Holy Spirit!

Renee Villani May 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM

What a wonderful blessing!! I celebrated 6 years on Divine Mercy Sunday (: Tax day will always have a very special meaning for me now!! Absolutely the most incredibly important event of my life was being received into the Holy Catholic Church.

Darrell May 27, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Thanks be to God! Steve, your 18 years have directly impacted me and my journey home to the Church (into which I was received a year ago). Since that time, I have shared my love for the Church (along with knowledge gained from your writings and videos) with a friend who is thinking of converting–and so it goes; the eternal ripple effects of the Holy Spirit working through the lives of those who love the Lord. May God continue to bless you, your family, and your work.

Tom Govern May 27, 2012 at 9:46 PM

The Church is so blessed! The Holy Spirit knew what he was doing!

Cyprian May 31, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Congratulations, Steve and you all family members. May Almighty God Shower His Heavenly Blessings upon you, for your good health and wisdom to work in His Holy Catholic Church.

De Maria May 22, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Happy Anniversary!

Lydia May 22, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Happy Anniversary Steve and Janet!

Alicia May 22, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Happy Anniversary Steve, Janet & Family. God brought you as a gift to enrich the Church with your faith, works and deeds. You are the reason why I reverted back to the faith and from being a nominal Catholic to a practicing Catholic. Thank you and thanks to the Holy Spirit.

Linda May 22, 2014 at 7:28 PM

welcome home – again -Steve and Janet.
You guys are the reinforcements. thank God Almighty you’re here.
We’ve been taking a real beating in Holy Church these past decades.

Chris Fleming May 23, 2014 at 4:59 AM

We are very blessed to have you all on board the old ship.
God bless

Tom Govern May 23, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Not sure if the Holy Spirit got lucky or if you guys did but I do know this, the Church is a lot better off with you guys in it and so am I. God bless you for your strength in getting through the conversion process.