How Well Do You Know Jesus and His Land? Multiple Choice Questions.

by Steve Ray on August 3, 2012

Update: OK, great work folks. The answers are below in the Comments. Check for STEVE RAY HERE

1. We have no record of Jesus visiting which place?

a. The Phoenician Coast
b. Tiberias
c. Egypt
d. Nain

2. Jesus’ country was not large. How many times would Israel fit into Texas?

a. 2
b. 5
c. 20
d. 30

3. Jesus was how old when his earthly ministry began?

a. 28
b. 42
c. 30
d. 35

4. Jesus did not say:

a. Regarding the Law: “Love your neighbor as yourself”
b. To questioning followers: “God helps those who help themselves”
c. Regarding his apostles with swords: “Two are enough”
d. To a Jewish questioner: “Man, who made me a judge or divider over you?”

5. Jesus had a robe that was special because it was:

a. Made of flax and cotton
b. It was whiter than any other robes
c. It had tassels for Jewish prayer
d. The robe had no seams

Gary C August 3, 2012 at 4:01 PM

1a, 2d, 3c, 4b, 5d

d hepburn August 3, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I believe that I am versed in the teachings of Christ. I just don’t know why I had to write a comment to get my results.

debra schlatter August 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM

1a 2c 3c 4b 5 d

Bender August 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM

How Well Do You Know Jesus?

I know that He said that there will be many people coming up to Him crying “Lord, Lord,” and He will send them away because they are strangers, they do not really know Him, even with their encyclopedic knowledge of facts about Him.

As important as intellectual knowledge of Jesus may be, knowing Him in the head, far more important is to know Him in the heart.

Dennis August 3, 2012 at 9:05 PM

@Bender:

And yet, the more you know Him in the head, the more likely it will actually be Him that you know in the heart and not a self-contrived characterization of Him. “To be ignorant of Scripture is to be ignorant of Christ.” I know you agree with this, but I wanted to stress it because one of the biggest problems in Catholicism today is poor catechesis. They focus so much on the heart that they love something that is not Christ.

Though, to be honest, I do not think knowing how many times Israel fits into Texas is part of what St. Jerome was talking about ;-)

Andkaras August 3, 2012 at 9:55 PM

1.a,2.c,3.c,4.c,5.b….?

davepinoy August 4, 2012 at 12:41 AM

1A 2D 3C 4C 5A…hOW many correct did I have?

walt August 4, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Compare this test to the one offered by Frank Sheed in his book “Is It The Same Church” and you can see how far we have fallen.

Paul August 4, 2012 at 10:08 AM

1.a, 2.d, 3.c, 4.b, 5.d

anthony natriano August 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM

1)a 2)d 3)c 4)b 5)d that is my answerschi

Laura August 4, 2012 at 7:50 PM

1. a, 2. c 3. c 4. b 5. d

Pie August 4, 2012 at 9:30 PM

1b, 2d, 3c, 4 b, 5 d,

Patrick O. McKenney August 4, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Knowing him in the head, or hart is one thing. Following him in such a way as to let others know you are Christian is the Way.

Deblette August 5, 2012 at 7:25 PM

1. B 2. D 3.C 4.C 5. D

I am pretty sure Jesus never went to Tiberius.

Steve Ray August 5, 2012 at 9:06 PM

STEVE RAY HERE:

1) It is never recorded that Jesus visited Tiberias which was a Roman city built over tombs.

2)He did go to Egypt as a baby, he visited the Phoenician coast (Matt 15:21) and raised a dead son of a widow in Nain (Luke 7:11).

3) Israel is roughly 8,000 square miles; Texas is roughly 270,000 square miles. Israel would fit in Lake Michigan about 2 1/2 times.

4) Jesus was 30 years old when he began his ministry (Luke 3:23) and 33 years old when he was crucified.
Luke 22:38 Jesus said to bring two swords. He never said “God helps those who help themselves.” In the 6th century Aesop said, “The gods help those who help themselves.”

5) Jesus wore an expensive robe made with no seams (John 19:23).